Crown Pointe Academy has a chapter in Sociedad Hispanica de Amistad (SHA) since the year 2000. The name of our chapter is “Amantes del Español”. SHA is an activities-based Spanish Honor Society for elementary and middle school students enrolled in Spanish class. All students are required to participate in projects in order to become members. Projects must be completed in all three areas listed below, and Spanish must be included. Projects are divided into three categories. Sample or projects are:
- Ambassadorship (focus on using the language to share with others)
- Be a pen pal with students in Spanish-speaking country or an SHA member in another chapter.
- Tutor other student
- School Service
- Sponsor a foreign language week of activities for their school – poster contests, special foods and music, etc.
- Prepare and serve a Hispanic meal for the teachers in our school.
- Community Service
- Make Christmas ornaments with Hispanic themes and donate them to a retirement home, community center, etc.
- Incorporate Hispanic music and dance into a school program for parents in our school and our community members.
Spanish Dinner for our Staff and Families:
Bulletin Board Classroom Contest:
Cick here: Spanish Club Flyer
Spanish Week Schedule: